We are looking forward to seeing you in the library! This page is designed to keep you informed of what to expect when visiting the library and accessing the resources and services available to you.
- Wear your mask in the library.
- Practice social distancing: tables and chairs are set up at appropriate distances.
- Food is temporarily not allowed in the library.
- The library is open to current students, faculty and staff. Emeriti and community patrons are asked to use our curbside and online services (see below).
The following spaces are temporarily closed:
- Study Rooms (individual and group)
- Library Instruction Lab
- The Blugold Makerspace and the Video, Audio, and Podcasting Studios
- The Center for Writing Excellence (CWE) is offering its services online this semester and lending its space on the 2nd floor to the Honors Program. Schedule a CWE virtual appointment.
- Guest login computers are temporarily unavailable
- The 2nd-floor Breezeway has been temporarily changed into a classroom.
24/7 access: The library riverside lobby and the 24-hour computer lab in Vicki Lord Larson Hall are available 24/7 with Blugold card access.
Equipment checkout is available by appointment — make an appointment. Loan periods will be set at 14 days, with a 3-day quarantine upon return. Equipment should be returned by appointment — make a return appointment. For renewals, please email Erin Kriener email@example.com for your options. Students in isolation or quarantine with equipment that is due can email Erin too.
Equipment available for checkout will be limited:
- Laptops, including tablets
- DSLR cameras (video recording capable + photo capable)
- Tripods (for the cameras)
Returning Books & DVDs
All materials returned to McIntyre Library will be quarantined for at least 24 hours. While these items will remain on your record during that time, all fines accrued during that time will be waived.
Books, CDs, and DVDs can be returned to the book drops within the library or the book drop located in the Schneider Circle.
- Delivery to and pickup from campus offices is temporarily suspended for this semester.
- For special circumstances, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The interview room will be available by appointment. To request this service, please contact Erin Kriener (715-836-5383, email@example.com).
Special Collections & Archives
Library Instruction will be primarily online, with some exceptions as determined by the instructor and librarian. Please contact your liaison to request any of the following instruction methods:
- synchronous sessions
- recorded presentations
- custom library guides and tutorials
- embedded librarians in Canvas for student assistance
The University Honors Program Commons space on the second floor has a new, socially-distanced configuration, including workspace in the CWE space next door. The new director, Heather Fielding, and the student staff are in the Honors Commons; Pam Golden is available through virtual office hours or email.
Curbside pick-up for community users and emeriti
- Community members holding a Community User Card can request up to 5 items per curbside pickup by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with their list of items.
- Once the items are pulled, an email will be sent to you in order to set up a pick-up time. Directions will then be given for the pick-up, depending on whether you are coming to campus in a car or on foot.
- Find your item using Library Search.
- In the "Get It" section, submit a request using the available request options.
- You will be sent a link to schedule a pickup time when your items are ready. Directions will then be given for the pick-up, depending on whether you are coming to campus in a car or on foot.