The Eau Claire Area Research Center (ARC) in Special Collections and Archives holds a wealth of information for genealogists.
Genealogy and Family History Resources
Our ARC is the repository for public records and manuscript collections for six Wisconsin counties (Buffalo, Chippewa, Clark, Eau Claire, Rusk, and Taylor). Most of these records are in paper format or on microfilm. Some of the collections that we have are:
- Ancestry (onsite access; offsite access to Blugold card holders only)
- Federal and Wisconsin censuses
- Pre 1907 vital records (birth, death, and marriage): Use the Wisconsin Historical Society index to see if we might have the record you seek
- Naturalization (see our holdings by county on our local Government Records page for dates available)
- Local government records on: probate, tax, land, court (civil, criminal, and divorce), and some school records
- Church records and congregational histories
- Diaries, letters, and organizational records
- County and Local Histories
For your convenience we offer self-service photocopying, self-service digital scanning, and microfilm copying at no charge.
Please use the Submit a Research Request link at https://library.uwec.edu/archives/remote-research-services/ and we will respond within two weeks.