Materials not owned by the McIntyre Library may be requested from other libraries. These services are available to students, faculty/staff, and emeriti with both active UW-Eau Claire Blugold accounts and IDs. All material will be picked up at the Circulation Desk with your Blugold ID. Articles will be delivered electronically and accessible through ILLiad.
What May Be Requested
- Articles from Journals, Magazines, and Newspapers
- CDs, DVDs, and VHS
- Dissertations (these are often difficult to obtain)
What May Not Be Requested
- Material owned by the McIntyre Library
- Material available through UW Resource Sharing
- Entire volumes of a journal, magazine, or newspaper
Tips For Fast Service
- Provide full citations in the request (title, author, date, publisher, etc.)
- Check spelling. Our searching program does not detect errors
- Provide ISBN or ISSN numbers. This will ensure the correct item is ordered
- Material written in a foreign language will be canceled unless you specify in the request your fluency
- Try to limit the number of requests sent per day. We fill them in the order they are received.
- Check our catalog, periodical list, and UW Resource Sharing before placing Interlibrary Loan requests. We screen every request that comes in, and this will save us time
There is no charge for placing Interlibrary Loan requests; however, we may enforce a $1.00/day in overdue fees. Requested material not picked up at the Circulation Desk may incur a $5.00 charge. Many libraries charge the McIntyre Library to borrow their materials, and we want to make sure the items are needed. Items returned without the book band may also incur a $5.00 charge.