Materials not owned by the McIntyre Library may be requested from other libraries. These services are available to students, faculty/staff, and emeriti with both active UW-Eau Claire Blugold accounts and IDs. Articles will be delivered electronically.
What May Be Requested
- Articles from Journals, Magazines, and Newspapers
- CDs, DVDs, and VHS
- Dissertations (these are often difficult to obtain)
What May Not Be Requested
- Material owned by the McIntyre Library
- Material available through UW Request (in Library Search)
- Entire volumes of a journal, magazine, or newspaper
Tips For Fast Service
- Provide full citations in the request (title, author, date, publisher, etc.)
- Provide ISBN or ISSN numbers. This will ensure the correct item is ordered
- Material written in a foreign language will be canceled unless you specify in the request your fluency
- Try to limit the number of requests sent per day. We fill them in the order they are received.
- Check Library Search before placing Interlibrary Loan requests. We screen every request that comes in, and this will save us time
There is no charge for placing Interlibrary Loan requests; however, we may enforce a $1.00/day in overdue fees. Requested material not picked up at the Circulation Desk may incur a $5.00 charge. Many libraries charge the McIntyre Library to borrow their materials, and we want to make sure the items are needed. Items returned without the book band may also incur a $5.00 charge.