The Records Center provides storage for official UW-Eau Claire records with established retention periods. Records Management Services are available to both academic and administrative departments on campus.
We are responsible for:
- Campus-wide retention scheduling for official UW-Eau Claire records
- Campus-wide forms management
- Operation of the campus Records Center
UW-Eau Claire personnel create records, in any format, in the course of university business for administrative, fiscal, and legal purposes. The primary value of these official records is for use by the university office of origin to better serve the UW-Eau Claire community and to ensure compliance with federal, state, and UW System regulations.
Records Management Services, in consultation with the UW-Eau Claire University Archives, UW System General Council, Wisconsin Historical Society, and other state and university regulatory agencies, is responsible for establishing retention periods for official UW-Eau Claire records
Records Management Training
Records management is an important responsibility of all state employees. The training module below, available to all UW-Eau Claire employees, can help you better understand the basics of Wisconsin’s public records laws.
UW-Eau Claire Records Management Schedules
- General Records Schedules for the UW System. This linked page includes PDF copies of the schedules currently approved for use at UW-Eau Claire.
The following schedules are, as of October 5, 2017, approved for use on our campus:
- Academic Advising Records
- Administrative Records
- Budget and Related Records
- Business Communication Records
- Financial Aid Records
- Fiscal and Accounting Records
- Grant and Related Records
- Health Services Records
- Human Resources Personnel Systems Records
- Information Technology Records
- Legal Affairs Records
- Library and Archival Records
- Payroll and Benefit Records
- Police and Parking Records
- Research Records
- Residential Programs and Services Records
- Risk Management Records
- State Purchasing and Procurement Records
- Student Records
- Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Records
(Entrance is off the main hallway between the basement of Schofield and the Old Library, at the bottom of the ramp.)