Our Campus History
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire has a rich history of more than a hundred years, having opened its doors as an educator of teachers in September 1916. Visit our Centennial Site for event information and help us celebrate our centennial year!
Centennial Book Information
The centennial book: "Building Excellence: University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, 1916-2016" by Robert J. Gough and James W. Oberly, is available for purchase online at the UW-Eau Claire Bookstore.
- There is a scholars' edition of "Building Excellence: University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, 1916-2019"
- Most photos from the centennial book are viewable from Historic Campus Photos
- "Building Excellence" Extras: What Happened to Robert Brigham?
Centennial Book Resources
Unearth More UW-Eau Claire History
Learn more about UW-Eau Claire history with these resources:
- Historic Campus Photos
- Periscopes (Campus Yearbooks)
- Spectator (Student Newspapers)
- MINDS@UW - Eau Claire
- The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire: A History, 1916-1976 by Hilda R. Carter and John R. Jenswold (coming soon!)