The purpose of this space is to provide students, staff and faculty the opportunity to work with new and innovative technology. This studio is housed in McIntyre Library's lower level, room 105.
Our virtual reality studio consists of a computer with an upgraded graphics card from the standard campus package and the VR simulator itself:
- Dell Precision 5820 Xenon CPU (3.60 GHZ)
- 8 GB Ram
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8 GB Ram)
- HTC Vive
To manage applications and software, we have elected to use Windows 10 and Steam.
Current software installed:
- Google Earth: Explore the world from totally new perspectives in virtual reality
- The Lab: Valve’s room-scale VR experiments. Fix a robot, defend a castle, adopt a mechanical dog, and more
- Tilt Brush: Paint in 3D space with virtual reality.
- Douarnenez VR: Visit the archaeological site of Plomarc'h Pella as well as the Norwegian galleon Anna Rosa.
- The Body VR: Journey Inside a Cell: Journey Inside a Cell in an educational virtual reality experience.
- 3D Organon VR Anatomy: Learn human anatomy with over 4,000 realistic anatomical models/structures.
- Beat Saber: VR rhythm game where you slash the beats of music as they fly towards you.
- Becoming Homeless: A Human Experience: In this immersive virtual reality experience from Stanford University’s Virtual Human Interaction Lab, spend days in the life of someone who can no longer afford a home.
- Down the Rabbit Hole: Down the Rabbit Hole is a VR adventure set in Wonderland prior to Alice's arrival. You will guide a girl who is looking for her lost pet by solving puzzles, uncovering secrets and making choices about the story along the way.
- Pistol Whip: Unstoppable VR action-rhythm FPS. Featuring arcade-style scenes/songs, story-driven cinematic campaigns, the Styles system for endless ways to play, and more!
- PowerBeatsVR: high-intensity VR fitness game where you box, dodge, and squat to the rhythm of energetic music.
- Propagation VR: Combining survival horror and static wave shooting, Propagation VR will get your adrenaline pumping as you try to survive a zombie apocalypse. Armed only with your guns and your fists, fight off terrifying zombies and other multi-species mutants.
- Ragnarock: Lead your viking ship to victory in this VR rhythm game! Pound your drums to the sound of epic music, from celtic rock to viking power metal, and set sail against your rivals in multiplayer mode.
- Vacation Simulator: The latest VR sensation from the creators of platinum hit ‘Job Simulator’, now with free DLC ‘Back to Job’! Welcome to the Vacation Simulator: a rough approximation of VACATION inspired by real human NOT JOBBING.
- Vanishing Realms: Vanishing Realms is an immersive RPG designed exclusively for Virtual Reality. Grab your sword and fight life-sized monsters in epic face-to-face melee combat. Explore mystic domains, outwit magical wards, seek lost artifacts, wield sorcery and steel to take on denizens of the Undead Realm.